Monday, June 13, 2011

One More Day

I can't believe we only have one more day at the centre. I am truly heartbroken thinking that I only have a couple of hours left with my sixth graders. I feel as though, I still have so much work to do with all of these kids. Kate and I have decided to develop a math and ELA curriculum for the sixth class, so that future volunteers will be able to follow a well organized weekly plan. For the rest of the night, Kate and I will be planning out the next couple of months. We will also be planning something fun and educational for tomorrow.

As far as our time here, I hope that we have left as big of an impact on them as they have for us. I also hope that they have learned new and important things that will help them wherever their life leads them. I will always say a special prayer for my lovely sixth graders and hope that they will always follow their hearts and dreams, and understand that with hard work and patience they can succeed great things. I really hope that they see the potential they have so they can be the individuals that beat the odds that are against them. They were an amazing group to work with and I am sad that I have to leave so soon. I only hope that I am lucky enough to return this time next year to work with the kids longer. I would love to see all the great progress they have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment