Monday, June 13, 2011

I Never Thought It Would Be This Hard To Say Goodbye

So it is Monday morning and we are about to leave to go prep for our day at the centre. It is a beautiful day, we woke up and the temperature was already above 40 degrees fahrenheit so we lucked out. It seems like all we can talk about lately is how badly we don't want to leave and how hard it is to comprehend that we have only 2 more days with these kids. I have so much left to do with them and, as embarrassing as it is to say, I cry thinking about how I won't be here to do it with them. I am so proud of all the work they have accomplished and my sixth graders will be in my heart forever because they are some of the sweetest, kindest, funniest, smartest, and most hardworking kids I have ever known.
I would love to come home for one day, give all of you a hug and a kiss and tell you how much I love you and then come back here. But I know I'll be back someday and then maybe I'll get to see my kids in secondary school...nothing would make me more proud than them passing their grade 8 tests and making it to high school.
I love you all and I miss you dearly and I can't wait to see you, but I can promise you that part of my heart will always be in Africa.
xoxo
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment