Monday, June 13, 2011

One Day More...

I'm sitting here attempting to plan for not only tomorrow but for the weeks after I leave Africa. These kids are amazing. All of them. Arguably the best group of children I've ever worked with. Their passion and desire to learn is high, even though they lack the skills needed. But it's okay, because both them and us volunteers are doing our best.

I can't believe tomorrow we finish our teaching experience. My first teaching experience post-graduation couldn't have been more extraordinary (shout out to Brother Ray). I only with that I could stay longer... and I hope to be back here by next June. My 9 fifth graders are the most lovable group of kids one could ever encounter. I feel like I've known them for years. I can't wait to show pictures and share better stories when I'm back home (although, I can wait to be back home).

Being my last blog post while in Africa I wanna say thank you to all the followers from Nashua & Needham Crawfords to family and friends back in the USA, especially Amy Rowe who we all miss constantly. Amy, people out here really want to meet you.

Thank you to this incredible group of talented teachers. The professors have been great resources. Mary and Christina, I'm excited to see what the two of you will do for Mu Sigma and international outreach next year. Laura, it's been a blast getting to know you better outside of the MC classroom. Becca, I only wish I know you were this hilarious regardless of your grouper fish status and ability to photobomb all my pictures. Mike, I can't believe it's taken us 4 years to know each other but I'm thrilled you're out here in Africa with us. Sinead, I'll never understand why you're always sick but I'm glad we're not sick of each other. And Kate, I don't think I could survive this experience without you (also, life). Sorry for being corny. I hate being corny. But I love you guys.

Africa, you've been amazing. The BNC needs more help from Manhattan College in the future. My fellow education majors, I hope you can come out here next summer. It will be the trip of your lives!

There is beauty all around us out here in Namibia.

No comments:

Post a Comment